Salt Lake City is filled with fun attractions for kids of all ages. Here are some of our favorites.
- Family History Library—Visit the Family History Library and learn about your family tree.
- Clark Planetarium—You can explore science and space in this downtown attraction.
- The Leonardo—This museum has interactive exhibits, classes and workshops about science, technology and art.
- Discovery Gateway Children’s Museum—This downtown museum has interactive fun that the whole family will enjoy.
- Olympic Snowflake Fountain—The public fountain is the perfect place for kids to cool off and expend energy at the same time.
- City Creek Center—This downtown mall has shops, restaurants, events and retractable roofs.
- Liberty Park—Spend time feeding ducks, sledding, swimming and playing volleyball.
- Tracy Aviary—Here you can see hundreds of birds and many different wildflowers.
- Salt Palace Convention Center—Many events are held here, like Outdoor Retailer and Comic Con.
- Abravanel Hall—Take your children to the symphony for a musical treat.
- Wairhouse Trampoline Park—This park has dodge ball courts, foam pits, basketball lanes and an open jump court.
- Red Butte Garden—These botanical gardens are home to many workshops and activities for children.
- Loveland Living Planet Aquarium—This is the ninth biggest aquarium in the United States, with four large exhibits.
- Utah’s Hogle Zoo—The zoo has a new African Savanna, with animals seen on safari.
- Wheeler Historic Farm—Kids can ride wagons and milk cows for one to two dollars, or you can walk around and explore free of charge.
- This Is the Place Heritage Park—Brigham Young and the pioneers first entered Salt Lake City where this park is located. It has activities for kids, like panning for gold, pulling handcarts and making handkerchief pioneers.
- Lagoon—Visit Lagoon-a-beach, Pioneer Village and partake in fun rides.
- Snowboard Resort—Ski here in the winter, and hike in the summer. Check out family movies and live concerts in the summer as well.
- Utah Olympic Park—Home of the 2002 Winter Olympics, this park has a variety of family activities all year.
- Ice Castles—Check out the magnificent ice castles in Midway. Your children are sure to love this winter wonderland.
These destinations are only the tip of the iceberg. With so many options, you’re sure to have a fun filled day in Salt Lake City.
Please LIKE and FOLLOW for future posts and blogs about the American Southwest.